Your Canvas/MyEducator Financial Accounting course includes everything you and your students need to successfully complete Introductory Financial Accounting.
For your students
- Instructional videos
- Practice problems (and solutions)
- Quizzes (questions randomly drawn from a pool in Canvas; students get three attempts on each quiz)
- Pre-Exam preparation assignments (questions randomly drawn from a pool in Canvas; students get three attempts on each Pre-Exam preparation assignment)
- Exams (Canvas contains 3 similar versions of each exam question; each randomly-generated student exam is unique)
- PowerPoint slides to use, if desired, for lectures for each of the 26 Class days
- Note: The MyEducator text and instructional videos, along with the practice problems (and solutions), provide coverage of everything students need to know for the quizzes and exams. The PowerPoint slides, which can be used to deliver lectures which review and discuss the MyEducator material, are available for instructors who want to provide additional learning opportunities for students.
- Gradebook in Canvas
INSTRUCTOR SETUP REQUIREMENTS
To set up your course, you need to do the following 5 things:
2. Fill in the quiz and exam due dates in Canvas.
3. Determine how you will ensure exam integrity for the two mid-term exams and the final exam. Below are more details.
4. Determine your course grading scale. Below are more details.
5. Decide which, if any, of the 11 Enhancement Lectures you will make available to your students. Below are more details about these 11 Enhancement Lectures.
Import and Connect the Canvas Course
- Log into your new Canvas course.
- Click the “Import from Commons” button on the right side of the screen
- In Canvas Commons, search “Financial Accounting”.
- Click on the MyEducator Financial Accounting course (“Nick Bahr” will be listed as the course administrator).
- Click “Import/Download” on the right side of the screen.
- Select the Canvas course to which you would like to copy the template, and click the “Import to Course” button.(* Note: This process may take a few minutes, depending on your connection.)
- Once the process is complete, you can connect your Canvas course to the corresponding MyEducator online learning resource.