Question: Why am I getting an LTI Error through Canvas Connect when using "Student View"?
Answer: Due to certain restricted permissions from the Canvas platform, our external material cannot be seen in its true form when using "Student View."
To work around this, you will need to add yourself as a student in both Canvas and MyEducator to the course you wish to view. To do this, you will need to use a personal email that is different from your instructor email.
To do this in Canvas:
1. Click on desired course from your dashboard
2. Go to "People"
3. Add your chosen personal email as a student
To do this in MyEducator:
1. Click on the desired course from your dashboard
2. Select Manage > People in the top menu
3. Click the green Add People button
4. Enter your chosen personal email, select "Student," and select "Yes" to create payment record
Thank you for your understanding!
If you have any other questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.