Admin note: The MyEducator app can only be installed on a course to course basis, not at an institutional level.
This may require administrator permissions. If you are not able to follow the steps described here, you will need to reach out to your institution's Moodle administrators for assistance.
Configure the External Tool Link
- Navigate to the area where you'd like to insert a link to MyEducator content.
- In your settings, "Turn editing on".
- Click the "Add an activity or resource" link.
- In the "Activities" menu, select "External tool" and click "Add".
- Enter the following information:
- Activity name can be whatever you choose
- Tool URL should be: https://app.myeducator.com/links/lti/<coursenum>/ (replace <coursenum> with your course number from the MyEducator page referenced above)
- Consumer key should be the Consumer Key listed on your MyEducator page referenced above.
- Shared secret should be the Consumer Secret listed on your MyEducator page referenced above.
- Under the Privacy section, make sure both "Share launcher's name with the tool" and "Share launcher's email with the tool" are selected.
- Save the form
Please note that these are the minimum requirements for a successful launch. You may choose to alter other settings as you see fit.
The External Learning Tool Link is all ready to go! Students (and you!) can now access MyEducator directly within Moodle.
When your students use the link for the first time, an account will be created automatically and then prompt for payment (if required). After that, students will be able to directly access their course on MyEducator.
Please contact email@example.com if you encounter any issues and we'll be happy to assist you.