Instructors have the ability to make an exception for a single student as they see fit. To do this, instructors can follow the steps below:
1. Click Manage > Assessments
2. Scroll down to the assessment for which you would like to grant an exception, and click the "View or Grade Submissions" icon.
3. Find the student requiring the exception, and click on the submission bar next to their name. (In the below image, "Test User" requires an exception).
4. Once the submission is open, click the "Actions" menu on the right, and select "[Student's Name]'s exceptions.
5. From the pop-up window, select the exceptions and parameters you would like to assign to that student for that submission and click "Save Changes".
Congratulations! You just made an exception for one student.